segunda-feira, 23 de abril de 2012

Manta de bébe - Daqui deliacreates.blogspot.pt



The blanket I created is out of a soft, chunky acrylic yarn which yields some very important benefits.

One, it's very washable because it's acrylic - big plus for me.
Two, the chunky yarn makes a blanket pattern take less time.
Three, it's so so plush and soft. I wish I could make one my size actually. :)

This type of yarn can be pricey to buy, but if you use coupons or wait for a good sale you can make a blanket for anywhere from $12 - $30. I just saw it go for $2 a skein at Michael's a few weeks ago.

I used a size N hook which also helped the blanket pattern move along quickly. I normally dislike making crocheted blankets, even baby ones, because it takes forever, but this one wasn't too bad.


Please bear with me as I am not a crochet pattern writer. If you notice something that might improve the pattern, please speak up. I would love to edit it to make it better for my readers. I also took notes and lost them when I re-organized the house to make room for the baby {sigh}, so I'm re-writing the pattern from just looking at my blanket.

Here's what I did...

Yarn: 5 skeins of cream and 1 1/2 skeins of tan for the border.
Hook: Size N
Stitches: chain, sc, hdc, dc, fpdc, bpdc


ch. 68
Round 1: In third chain from hook dc. Dc in each chain across. (67 dc including the 2 chains)


Round 2: Ch. 2 and turn. *Four fpdc, four bpdc.* Repeat from * to * 16 times. Hdc in last stitch.
Round 3-5: Repeat round 2.


Round 6: Ch. 2 turn. *Four bpdc, four fpdc.* Repeat from * to * 16 times. Hdc in last stitch.
Round 7-9: Repeat round 6.
Round 10-13: Repeat round 2.
Round 14-17: Repeat round 6.
Round 18-21: Repeat round 2.
Round 22-25: Repeat round 6.
Round 26-29: Repeat round 2.
Round 30-33: Repeat round 6.
Round 34-37: Repeat round 2.
Round 38-41: Repeat round 6.
Round 42-45: Repeat round 2.
Round 46-49: Repeat round 6.
Round 50-53: Repeat round 2.
Round 54-57: Repeat round 6.
Round 58-61: Repeat round 2.



You can repeat round 6 for another four rounds if you like, but that requires another ball of yarn. I felt an almost square was good enough for me.

Add a border.



Sc around every stitch all the way around the blanket. 3 sc at the each corner stitch.

Repeat 3 times. Or finish the edge however you like. Weave in all your tails...and you're done!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário